SPECIAL MAR DE FRADES CHRISTMAS PAIRING BY ARZÁBAL
At Mar de Frades we want you to have an unforgettable Christmas, and one that echoes our rebellious spirit. We want you to be different, to spread the philosophy of good food and even better wine (always Mar de Frades). This wine is about courage and innovation. Surprise your dinner guests with our secret and startling combination. We’re only going to share this secret with you!
CHICKEN BREAST STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS AND TRUFFLE WITH ROSEMARY HONEY SAUCE
This traditional dish is ideal during winter months and goes wonderfully with the fresh saltiness of our Albariño Mar de Frades, offering contrasts both on the table and the palate, to impress your guests during this festive time.
What ingredients do I need?
- Two small or medium-sized chicken breasts
- Rosemary honey sauce
- Finely chopped mushrooms and truffle
- Option 1: Christmas compote made with dried apricots, figs and prunes previously soaked in brandy.
- Option 2: Reinette apple and cinnamon compote.Compota de manzana reineta y canela.
Here are the steps to follow to make this delicious dish at home:
- Once the chickens have been deboned, keep the carcasses to make a soup base by roasting them in the oven with vegetables and then making a poultry gravy that we’ll use later in the rosemary honey sauce.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half. Season them with a pinch of salt and pepper, and fill them with the chopped mushrooms and truffle, joining them with the skin.
- Make the pieces round by trussing them with twine so that they won’t come apart in the oven.
- Next, refrigerate them so they become firm.
- Roast the stuffed chicken breasts in butter. Once they are golden in colour, allow them to brown, and then lower the temperature to cook them slowly, retaining the juices on the inside.
- In a small pot or frying pan, add a spoonful of rosemary honey, the chicken broth from earlier, and some of the remaining stuffing mix, and let it caramelise slightly.
- Slice the chicken breasts diagnonally and place them on a tray.
- Add your chosen accompaniment, and drizzle with rosemary honey sauce.
- Finally, decorate the dish with a sprig of rosemary.
This is a delicious dish that you’ll want to celebrate! How will you make yours? This Christmas, make a toast with Mar de Frades. Here’s to an unbeatable 2019!